Help with JaS 10.48 (AMD-Intel SSE2-3 w/ ppf1 & 2

Wild-Bill

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I got a hold of the JaS 10.48 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 and PPF2. It also came with the 10.49 updater.

I successfully burned the 10.48 image with Nero. Upon booting to DVD, I see some errors pop up here and there, and then I get to the screen that says "Select Language". Only problem is, my USB mouse and keyboard will NOT work, so I can't select anything.

Here are my specs:

DFI Expert mobo

AMD 3800+X2

WD 74 gig Raptor sata (with 15 gigs unpartitioned space right after the C partition for OSX86

WD 400 gig sata

WD 160 gig (external USB drive)

ASUS Radeon x1800xt

Coolermaster Stacker case w/ side window and watercooling

I read somewhere that someone got OSX86 working using the DFI Expert board, so I decided to give it a try.

Can anyone help me to get the DVD to recognize my USB??!?! I'd really like to install this onto my main rig.

I have a crappy spare box with an INtel Celeron and an Intel 865 mobo, with integrated graphics as well, but no DVD drive. I figured OSX86 would run loads faster on my main rig.

Keyboard is Logitech, mouse is the Logitech Revolution. I do have a PS2 mouse and keyboard lying around, but I read that OSX doesn't play nice with PS2.

Thanks in advance for your help!!! :blink:

USB mice and keyboard will NOT work with OS X86

I used a USB to serial converter and my mouse worked fine.

You could use a serial keyboard as well. It works fine for me.

When you get OS X86 installed fully, USB will work :P

Ah ha. Ok, I'll give the PS/2 keyboard and mouse a try then.

Do you think trying to install on unpartitioned space on my SATA drive is a good idea, or should I load it onto an external USB drive?

I did read the part about having to go in there and select MBR or something to that effect. I just don't wanna hose my drive.

Ah ha. Ok, I'll give the PS/2 keyboard and mouse a try then.

Do you think trying to install on unpartitioned space on my SATA drive is a good idea, or should I load it onto an external USB drive?

I did read the part about having to go in there and select MBR or something to that effect. I just don't wanna hose my drive.

You might wanna install on an External HDD. Mind you, it might boot slower because it's USB.