pushing the power button.. i get no response

FLmassive

4 posts in this topic

after the machine is shutdown and try to power up the machine, i get nothing no response from the power button from the pc. sooo i cracked oped the notebook unplug the small battery on the motherboard and kept it unplugged and pressed the power button ...starts up ...with no battery on motherboard i get no system time and the bios go back to default...and osx86 starts up with no problem....

anybody can tell me y when i shutdown the machine it goes dead? only way i can bootup my machine is by having the battery disconnected from the motherboard...(not talking about the big battery that keeps the machine on when disconnected from wall power) reconfigure bios everyting i start up machine is a pain ....help plz

im running a

alienware sentia m3450

intel core 2 duo 2.33ghz t7600

1.5 gig ddr2 ram

seagate 100gb 7200rpm hd

24xdvd cd-rw combo

intel pro wireless 3945

ahh... a clevo. the way macs shutdown is different to PCs. they don't send the same signal to the mobo b/c apple's use logic boards... therefore, the only sureifre way is to logout of your account to prevent data damage and then hold down the powerbutton until the mobo force-downs ;) . sorry, but that is the only known option... clevo's choice of hardware isn't very Hackintosh frienfly. (for those who don't know, clevo is the tiawanese sweatshop that churns out notebooks to be rebranded by companies such as alienware...)

anywho, a force-down should allow you to reboot; sorry that i don't have a REAL fix for this