use any networking card

4 posts in this topic

hey all,

i need a copy of someone's 'networkinterfaces.plist' from OS X 10.4.8+! All of the NICs i've tried do not register, so i'm gonna force it. i need a copy of networkinterfaces.plist to force my Mac/Hack-intosh to accept the NIC... i have already patched the kext but need to force accept the nic. if you have a copy of networkinterfaces.plist (basically anyone on a mac), please email it to me or copy it's contents into the forum... you can find it at Library -> Preferences -> SystemConfiguration -> NetworkInterfaces.plist (open with TextEdit)... as soon as i can see a good copy, i'll post a guide so that you can use ANY networking card you want...

My guide will be posted under my page at the osx86project wiki...

STEP 1: Determine your device id...

STEP 2: Modify the appropriate kexts to match your device id...

STEP 3: Manually enter you device into networkinterfaces.plist...

STEP 4: Enjoy your new NIC...

~What is is, chief?

~Penguino Loco~

thanx a million... it helps me determine the values needed for interface type and mac address... i don't have a working wired NIC so i didn't know the interface type... i expect to have the guide up by Tues, June 19, 2007... you will be credited for your assistance... it helps more than u realize... thanks... all others... you're copies are welcome as they will provide cross-checks

~Penguino_Loco

• 2 weeks later...