Widescreen X1600?

koadansc

5 posts in this topic

After a lot of work and even more help from everyone on this forum I have gotten my Hackintosh to work perfectly (almost). I have QE and CI, all apps working, no more screen artifacts etc. However, I still cannot run any resolution but 1024x768. My monitor is actually an HDTV that will support anything up to 1366x768. I am running a Radeon X1600 512mb with a VGA connection. Does anyone know how I can get any widescreen resolution? 1280x720 or 1366x768 would be great. Thanks for all of your help!

I've got the same card as you do, and running an LG 21' Wide panel. Here's how (Must have 10.4.8) :

1. Get Natit here:http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/Natit%20Universal_files/Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg

2. Instal and restart

I don't know if that will work with you, but it did for me

Sorry I didnt reply for a while, got busy with something else. I installed that Natit and I am using 10.4.8, it succeeded in giving me those widescreen resolutions I wanted, but also reverted to an issue I had before. It now displays a checkerboard of red blocks on my screen that is far more annoying that a 4:3 resolution. Did you ever have this problem? If so let me know how you fixed it without sacrificing widescreen resolutions. Thanks!

I don't know anything about dual monitor support, do a search for much more information. But maybe you can help me as well. Has anyone else had this problem with the red checkerboard artifacts on the screen? I have attached a screenshot of the issue.