Crashing

wtsamatta

4 posts in this topic

Get random crashes here and there. If I try to do software updates from the bar, it locks up, except the mouse cursor. I try to install flip4mac, as a mkpkg does the same thing. Also "sometimes" when I do more info from about this mac, randomly crashes with the same result: locks up everything except the mouse cursor. Any ideas? Tried viewing errors from console, but nothing. Same for system.log. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ok, little weird here. forcdeth doesn't work from the install. So I used forcedeth-nockd.kext to get net working. When I loaded the kext from the desktop, software updates worked fine. I copied the kext into system/library/extensions/, then kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions, rebooted. Went to software updates. same old same old, crashed. :)

well, wrong again. loaded kext from the dtop in a fresh install. and tried to do software updates but it still crashes a few sec's into the search for updates. And osX crashes when I try to load flip4mac.pkg. Ahh well.

Well, odd enough. Everything is working ok for the most part now. I can run the software updates, but I get a restart message when it starts downloading quicktime ;) . I can install packages now. I just installed the nforce sata package from the install dvd. Wallah! :thumbsup_anim: