OS X overwrites BIOS Time (cmos) (disable?)

rexexdesign

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody!

Does anybody have the same issue? I switch back and forth from Windows XP and my Mac OS. Everytime I have to set my clock in Mac OS because windows and my bios seem to be on a different time (but the correct one) Anyway, after setting it in Mac Os, and restarting into Windows, my Windows time is ahead (and BIOS time). So I reset it in Windows and restart. (Bios is fine) If I go into Windows again its all correct, but as soon as I start into Mac OS its wrong and the cycle begins again.

Any ideas?

My Motherboard is a couple months old, so I dont think its the battery.

Well... my friend... Next time... Before searching please search. Please.... :)

It's no because of any hardware problem. It's because Windows & OS X store time in the BIOS differently.

The problem with the Windows clock being off is because the hardware clock (the one on your actual motherboard) is being set to "Universal" time, or GMT, when you shut down your MacOS bootup. When you boot Windows, Windows assumes your clock is set to your local timezone because that's what Windows does by default. This explains why the people who set their MacOS clock to GMT got the right time in Windows... If the hardware clock is being set to "GMT," when it's actually the local time, Windows will pick this setting up as local time as it did before.

Try this.

Or try this.

Personally... I prefer and I'm using the second solution.

If neither of those work put in your Install DVD and boot from it. Repair permissions on the disk you have OS X on. I tried both of those, neither worked and Repairing permissions without loading the OS worked for alot of things.