Installation woes

leon_g101

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am having enormous trouble installing Mac OS X86 on my PC. I downloaded the Jas 10.4.8 SSE3 DVD and all I get is the "Still waiting for root device" error in the installation. My hardware configuration is as follows:

-Asus P5VD2-MX Motherboard

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 CPU

-180GB Samsung SP2004C SATA Hard Drive

-nVidia 7300GS Video Card

-Onboard sound card

-Pioneer DVD-RW DVR111D drive

Obviously, I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what that is. I have searched all over the forums for help, but to no avail. Am I doomed to Windows forever? Please help!

Hello all,

I am having enormous trouble installing Mac OS X86 on my PC. I downloaded the Jas 10.4.8 SSE3 DVD and all I get is the "Still waiting for root device" error in the installation. My hardware configuration is as follows:

-180GB Samsung SP2004C SATA Hard Drive

-nVidia 7300GS Video Card

-Onboard sound card

-Pioneer DVD-RW DVR111D drive

Obviously, I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what that is. I have searched all over the forums for help, but to no avail. Am I doomed to Windows forever? Please help!

I'm having similar problems - I too have:

-160gb Maxtor SATA

-200gb WD 200gb SATA

-ATI x800xt 256mg gpu

After making a FAT32 on my 2nd HD I get to the bootloader 'Darwin/x86 Boot v5.0.132'

it starts installing - but after about 5 or 6 lines it quits.

I installed the JAS 10.4.8 SSE2 & SSE3 on my old AMD64-3000+ no problems. But now I've tried the JAS 10.4.8 (the most reent with PPF1 & 2) and the JAS 10.4.7 - but it gets to the same point (the bootloader) both times.

I'm assuming it's the ASUS motherboard - anybody recommend a build that works on it? Or have any info that may help?