Installing on ThinkPad T43p

4 posts in this topic

hi-

I'm brand new to the hackintosh scene. After reading these boards for a few days, I decided to give it a try on my T43p laptop. I am using 10.4.8 JaS image. It installs like a champ, but will not boot - it gets to the apple screen with the spinny thing, but freezews in less than a minute, and then the screen slowly 'glazes' over gray. I installed with the Intel and Most Common Hardware options selected. Any Ideas? I am gonna try with just the Intel Option next.

Any other T43p / T43 owners out there???

• 1 month later...
hi-

I'm brand new to the hackintosh scene. After reading these boards for a few days, I decided to give it a try on my T43p laptop. I am using 10.4.8 JaS image. It installs like a champ, but will not boot - it gets to the apple screen with the spinny thing, but freezews in less than a minute, and then the screen slowly 'glazes' over gray. I installed with the Intel and Most Common Hardware options selected. Any Ideas? I am gonna try with just the Intel Option next.

Any other T43p / T43 owners out there???

Yup just installed OSx86 on my T43p yesterday - I used the Uphuck 1.4i image - worked like a charm following the 10.4.9 install guide (as no SSE3 in t43p processor) here. At first it seemed like it hung on the first boot up, but it just took a long while and loads into OS X just fine now. As far as I can see theres no way to get the Intel 2915 wireless networking to work so a supported PCMCIA card may be the answer.

On install i didn't select any graphics or other options - just the main install (as I had no idea what the other options were). It runs fine and seems (apart from getting me on the net, though not tried by ethernet yet) quite smooth - not played with the resolution yet, so still at whatever default is (not 1600x1200 yet).

• 2 weeks later...
Yup just installed OSx86 on my T43p yesterday - I used the Uphuck 1.4i image - worked like a charm following the 10.4.9 install guide (as no SSE3 in t43p processor) here. At first it seemed like it hung on the first boot up, but it just took a long while and loads into OS X just fine now. As far as I can see theres no way to get the Intel 2915 wireless networking to work so a supported PCMCIA card may be the answer.

On install i didn't select any graphics or other options - just the main install (as I had no idea what the other options were). It runs fine and seems (apart from getting me on the net, though not tried by ethernet yet) quite smooth - not played with the resolution yet, so still at whatever default is (not 1600x1200 yet).

I've got a T43p as well. I had tried Uphuck 1.3i and it didn't seem to work at all... didn't even boot. I'll try Uphuck 1.4i tonight, but I was wondering if you could give some more detail about packages you selected... You said you didn't select any, which surprises me that it worked :(. I'm fairly certain if you select Calisto v6 (can't remember the exact name) it will get your graphics card to work... Unfortunately I do not know how to do that AFTER you have installed OS X.

Oh, and if you want to get the Intel 2915 to work, just use this: http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ it has worked great for me in the past.

• 2 years later...