AGPGart does not work for everyone: Stuck at Blue Screen!

bbkim

2 posts in this topic

I successfully installed OSX86 on Dell GX270 with dual boot and multiple hard drives. I used the 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 installer.

The hardware configuration: 2.8GHz Pentium 4 (Prescott), 1GB RAM, 400GB SATA (OSX), 120GB IDE-prime (WinXP-NTFS), 250GB IDE-slave (HTF+), DVD-R/RW, DVD-ROM, Firewire PCI (generic brand), NVidia 6200 LE 256MB.

I installed OSX without any options except the Titan NVidia. Installation went through without a problem, but at the reboot it stuck at the blue screen with no pointer. I restarted in a "Safe Boot" mode, and everything seemed OK. No mouse tearing, full resolution (1600x1200).

Workaround: I noticed the the "AGPGart.kext" file in the Extensions folder. For some reason, I decided to take it out. After the reboot, everything was working well. ;) Even QE and CI were supported. No Callisto needed. Only thing is the 6200LE is recognized as a PCI card. I don't know what is downside of having it as the PCI, but everything seems to be in-order.

I don't know this applies to anyone else, but it worked for me.

The hardware configuration: 2.8GHz Pentium 4 (Prescott), 1GB RAM, 400GB SATA (OSX), 120GB IDE-prime (WinXP-NTFS), 250GB IDE-slave (HTF+), DVD-R/RW, DVD-ROM, Firewire PCI (generic brand), NVidia 6200 LE 256MB.

Ummm... It's HFS+ :)