Specs:

JaS 10.4.7 AMD/Intel SSe2 and SSe3

Sony Vaio PCV-RS720G

-Intel Pentium 4 530 3.GHz

-200GB unknown make SATA hard drive

-Intel 915G chipset

-EVGA 6600 GS

-1.5 GBs ram

Ok here is my course of operations to lead me to not booting into OSx86 on my harddrive. Originally was running vista on a single partition, divided that into 3 seperate partitions keeping vista intact, then created a image of the vista partition for safety on one of the partitions. Then i installed OSx86 on the last unused partition. I let it install with the appropriate settings and left for a while. I came back later to see that it installed and was now in OS. I messed around for a while, which went great, then restarted after installing a macvidia driver. Only to see that "no operating system was found", and thats where i am, i have no clue why it won't boot now. Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Moe

Well, it could be that [1) You accidentally overwrote everything when you installed OS X (technically, OSx86 isn't an OS, so the computer can't see it), or [2) You screwed up your MBR. You can fix this by repairing your Windows Vista installation with the installation disc. Then install something like Acronis. Hope this helped.

I don't think i overwrite anything when installing because all 3 partitions are still intact with all of the appropriate data on them. Since OSx86 is not an OS, then how do get my computer to boot from it? I would like to avoid Acronis because from what i've heard it doesn't like vista.

• 5 months later...