need help with Dell Truemobile 1490

asstastic

3 posts in this topic

Ok, so I picked up a dell 1490 off ebay to replace my intel wireless. booted up wit it installed and no airport icon appeared. so i check the loaded extensions. the apple airport broadcom kext is running fine, no errors or anything. i check network prefrences. no new airport card in sight. so i do a little searching on the forums and figure it may be the RF switch on my laptop. so I tape over pin 20 on the card and restart in windows. i flip the rf switch a few times from windows, the card stays on no matter what, so i know the tape job worked. i reboot into OSX, still no airport. I try using the io80211family kext from 10.4.6 and i get kernel crashes with it. i try the apple airport update, broadcom kext loads fine but still no airport. i can't think of anything else to try and don't have a copy of 10.4.4 to test the older broadcom kext with.

if anyone can hep me get wireless working on my machine i'd realy appreciate it.

running 10.4.9 with 8.9.1 kernel on an ACER Aspire 5670.

Thanks for the kexts Joe. Unfortunately they still don't work. i checked the versions on the files and it looks like they are the same that came installed with 10.4.9. Neither of the AppleAirPort kexts are loading, even with a sudo kextload. something about a missing kernel something or another. i could post the verbose logs from trying to load them as well as any other system info that might be usefull.