pronlem with partitioning and then frozen windows and blue screen

nihnightmare

5 posts in this topic

I got a macbook pro yesterday, so its one of the new ones, if that matters, and i tried to install bootcamp, the first thing that happened was when boot camp was partitioning my drive, i choose 32 gigs it told me that there was a volume error and to run the disk utility. So i ran the disk utility and it told me there was a minor error that could not be repaired so i ran disk utility from the cd that came with the mac and fixed the error. I then tried to install bootcamp again, this time I got past the partitioning and installed xp with service pack 2 on my mac book pro. I then insterted the drivers cd and it got about half way through with installing then xp froze and i had to do a manual shut down. When i booted back up it went to the blue screen and said something which i now cant remember. after that i erased bootcamp and unpartitioned the drive. I checked and there were no errors on the drive and i have been weary to try boot camp again. Does anyone know why this happened, should i be nervous for the state of my mac, it is only 1 day old. Does anyone have any advice or experiance with this? please help me. thanks

Hey they got a new version of boot camp out today, v1.3beta specifically for the new santa rosa machine. I guess they didn't expect people to want to install a new OS on their shiny new santa rosa macbooks so soon. I'll let you know how it goes.