Screen sticks on Gray Screen on Boot...

cheztir

2 posts in this topic

Hey, I've jumped back into the hacintosh scene now that ive gotten a computer capable of OS X. Despite having a PowerMac G4 it's always nice to have more OS X.

My issues comes as I installed uphuck's 1.2, all was going great then i broke the kexts while trying to install wireless drivers. So i reinstalled and figured i'd go with wired. Downside is now when i boot from the hard drive it sticks to the Gray Loading Boot screen (or in verbose it stops at the last normal command) then it doesn't switch over to finder, it just stays at that screen. I found that by hitting keys I can blindly navigate the finder. I can turn the volume up and down with my apple keyboard everything is functional underneath the screen. I had this issue at first, but just booting using rd=disk0s1 to setup my user eliminated the issue.

Anybody got any ideas? I can get to the interface by booting off the CD, but none of the newer kexts boot that way.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: As a note i've tried using an older loginwindow but to no avail.

Well for anybody with this similar issue, I somehow fixed it. I'm fairly sure what fixed it was reparing the disk permissions with the install cd's disc utility not the one that gets installed, cause i'd used that one several times.