All working cept audio crackling

DannyBoye

2 posts in this topic

I know this has to be somewhere on this forum but I can't find it, I've searched and searched with no luck. I've got everything working video with full Quartz Extreme. What I can't seem to figure out is the sound, in system profile there is no sound listed, but I have sound, works GREAT in Itunes then that's about where it stops working great. It's crackling on ANY video, vlc, quicktime trailers, system event sounds. What's interesting though is that when I'm playing a really large trailer (HD) the sound is like 3 seconds behind the video, because at the beginning of the trailer the sounds cracks almost like it cant get the sound card to initialize.

I'm using the mac os x 10.4.9 intel sse3 [jas 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-sse2-sse3 with ppf1 &ppf2.iso

Any help would be awsome. And I'm sorry if I reposting a topic that has been talked about already, I really have searched and can't find this situation.

Guest Ramm

It's probably your FSB. Go into System Profiler. Under Hardware, it will say Bus Speed. Divide this number by four, and you have your FSB. Edit the boot flags in com.apple.boot.plist to include "FSB=[your FSB]" (without quotes).