AMD 690G Chipset Problem

czm97176

7 posts in this topic

i downloaded two image , one is Jas 10.4.8 ,

and other is uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 ,

although both of them didn't support ATI 690G Chipset

Jas version that one will hold on the bootup screen

uphuck version that one can login can create account , running normally ...but it will relaunch finder after i click "about this mac"

what is the different between these version ?

is there any driver to support the 690G chipest display ? ( X1250) , only supporting 1024*768 now

Thanks all ^^"

• 2 weeks later...
---> uphuck version that one can login can create account , running normally ...but it will relaunch finder after i click "about this mac"

is there any driver to support the 690G chipest display ? ( X1250) , only supporting 1024*768 now

Thanks all ^^"

Hi, I want to try things out on my Asus M2A-VM HDMI as well. Did you manage to boot with sATA drive in IDE or AHCI mode? Did you get anything else to work (sound, USB, network...)? The 690G platform will become very popular, so worst case it is just a matter of time before things will work smoothly.

• 1 month later...

hello!

i'm another M2A-VM user.

i've managed to get audio working using the Azalia driver, and loaded the Titan.kext for video, but with no CI/QE.

the trickiest thing has been attempting to get the Realtek RTL8138/8111B lan to work.

i just recently noticed that the ATA chip doesn't have proper drivers either, so we need to locate drivers for the ATi SB600 chip.

edit:

i'll be trying Tubgirl 10.4.10 this weekend. i'm hoping to get off to a good start and have the SB600 ATA driver working, before setting to work on the Realtek ethernet card.

• 1 month later...
hello!

i'm another M2A-VM user.

i've managed to get audio working using the Azalia driver, and loaded the Titan.kext for video, but with no CI/QE.

the trickiest thing has been attempting to get the Realtek RTL8138/8111B lan to work.

i just recently noticed that the ATA chip doesn't have proper drivers either, so we need to locate drivers for the ATi SB600 chip.

edit:

i'll be trying Tubgirl 10.4.10 this weekend. i'm hoping to get off to a good start and have the SB600 ATA driver working, before setting to work on the Realtek ethernet card.

Which version of os x did you have that all working on? I can't seem to get anything working (are you able to change the resolution at all? For me: no sound, no video, slow HDD, etc.

Erik

• 2 weeks later...

Good day everyone!

Tried to install the jAs 10.4.8 and Myzar 10.4.9 but unsuccesful.

Successfully installed the _tubgirl_ 10.4.10 on my Gigabyte AMD 4000+ AM2 CPU desktop and P4 3.06ghz HT Hewlett Packard ZV5016 Laptop. Only 3 issues I encountered on my desktop.

1. For my desktop pc it takes around 2 hrs to complete the _tubgirl_ 10.4.10 Mac OS X installation while the HP Laptop is only 30 minutes. (I'm a noob but I guessed that the SB600 Southbridge is not supported on the _tubgirl_ 10.4.10 version.)

2. No available AMD690G/ATI x1250 chipset driver.

3. Realtek Alc889A Codec is not supported. (Currently, I'm happy with 2 channel audio output after I installed the AzaliaAudio.pkg, Thanks to Skippyretard)

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread...ighlight=alc88x

My Desktop Setup:

Motherboard: GA-MA69GM-S2H (rev. 1.0) with integrated 7.1 channel audio (Realtek ALC889A), ATI™ Radeon™ X1250-based graphics and Realtek RTL8110 Gigabit Ethernet

CPU: AMD AM2 4000+ 2.1 Ghz Dual Core

Memory: 2 Gb, 667 Mhz, Dual Channel, 1Gb Corsair & 1Gb Kingston

Hard Disk: 40Gb ATA (for Mac OS X), 250Gb, 16Mb WD SataII and 250Gb, 16mb Maxtor SataII

Optical Drive: Sony DVD RW DRU-820A

Chassis & PSU: Cooler Master Centurion 5

HP Pavilion ZV5016

CPU: P4 3.06ghz HT

Memory: 512mb, 333mhz

HDD: Seagate 40Gb ATA

Hopefully they will include the unsupported driver on the next version of the Mac OS x86.

Special Thanks to those who develop this OS x86 software and shared it to the community. :(

Sorry for my English.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have a 690G as well (M2A-VM HDMI + AMD Athlon X2 BE2400) and i was wondering if the performance and stableability is ok (apart from the audio and graphics) and if iwork 08 works using Tubgirl 10.4.10. By the way does my 65nm Athlon X2 low power edition effect its stablebility.

THX Henry