LAST RESORT

21 posts in this topic

Ok, here is my last resort to getting this to work, before i buy a true MAC. I have everything running well, but when i go to install 10.4.9 Combo update, it gives the gray screen and never boots, i have searched but havent found that there wasnt a solution that applied to me. IF I dont update to 10.4.9 then it work all gravy. How can i tell what version i have? Will installing 10.4.8 help to install 10.4.9, if not installed? Plus i dont really understand macs well enough to install drivers to get my audio to work, anyone know of a complete "how to" for installing audio drivers? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Some info for feedback::

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.6 (8I1119)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.4.1

In PC world my audio card is a:

Analog Devices AD1980 Intel 82801ED ICHA AC'97 (a-2)(a-3)

Ok here is the first problem - you need to have sse3 system for 10.4.9 :blowup: :censored2: So does this mean i cant do 10.4.8? cause im running 10.4.6 >< omg do i need 10.4.8 ><><>< :angry:

ok i see somewhere else u can do it on an SSE2/3 but from 10.4.8 so ok gotta get to 10.4.8 first

ok here is the situation, now that that happened i formated the partition, recreated the partition reinstalled the version i have (it work perfect before) but after install and reboot it goes to a blue screeen and doesnt leave.

(im sorry if im getting annoying, i just really want this working)

Why not try to install 10.4.8 directly?

I know this is a big download...4.3 Gigs or something like that, but it might save a huge headache in the long run.

EDIT: Just realized posting a link to a torrent might be against the rules...

Search on The Pirate Bay for something called:

Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

ok so here is where i am, i have read all the freakin how to with intel ethernet, dont see the appleintel file thing that needs to be edited, why is my folders no changing all icons, it just moves bottem few files, and they over lap, !!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE