10.4.9 & Toshiba Laptop Display

iamwally

2 posts in this topic

Hi folks! Relative noob but doing ok. Got my Dell laptop working ok. Now working on a friend's Toshiba. Cannot get the LCD Disply to work even if external monitor connected. OsX running fine on external monitor but laptop display is just black. It is like OsX not even seeing it. In system profiler under graphics it only lists the external monitor. Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

i'm in the save vote, my friend...

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 with i945GM onboard graphics chipset...

If you connect an external monitor, you get all resolutions on the external display, but a black (backlight is on) screen on the LCD. (You can see the Grey Apple Logo during boot up on the LCD clearly).

I have noticed that before the black screen appears, the OSX blue background flashes up for a split second, and then the screen remains black.

Have tried the pin short-out trick on the VGA connector, etc. but have had no luck.

Also, if you hit the Fn+F5 display output button you can get an image to appear on the LCD, but it is garbled. If you then go into display properties, and select 'Detect Display' or an alternative display configuration (etc. 800x600x32@60) the image doesn't vary, and the screen goes blank. Cycling with Fn+F5 brings the garbled image back up however.

Any expert's out the got any ideas? (I'm running 10.4.3 at the moment) Going to upgrade to 10.4.8 this arvo.