ASUS enGeForce 7300GS 256Mb driver needed!

5 posts in this topic

Hey all! I've grown completely tired of having OSX86 with graphical glitches all over the place because it doesn't like my video card. :censored2: The model is ASUS enGeForce 7300GS 256Mb, and while Natit is supposed to support it, it doesn't: if I even dare installing Natit, Titan or Macvidia, I get the Black Screen on bootup and nothing else happens. If the driver actually does work, would anyone mind walking me through HOW to installing it properly? I've done the whole editing .kext's deal and all that, but to no avail. Here's a screenshot of my System Profiler and a lot of hope that I might get some help and hopefully an answer, because I've re-installed OSX86 about 16 times so far after so much trial and error trying to get the sucker to work :tomato:

Thanks to anyone who can help out :)

post-110255-1180993170_thumb.jpg

I don't see a proper "NATIT" option during the installation of JaS 1.4.8... is the NV40 something the same thing? Also, could it be the motherboard? I mean, the computer IS working if I don't install Natit... it's an ASUS P4V800D-X btw.

Sorry for my mistake. That's how I did it:

1. During installation choose only the essentials. Try not to install other unnecessary packages. You may select titan and afterwards it gives you mono-display. ( I chose only intel kernel, fonts, printer drivers, 10.4.4 login and titan for nvidia.)

2. After installation, I updated with Jas 10.4.9 update combo and the included MPIP package. After reboot, everything is fine.

Or, if you want dual-display, do not choose any display package during installation. After installation, update the system. Reboot. Then use Diabolik 10.4.9 NvidiaInstaller. Reboot.

Both methods work for me. It seems that different motherboard behaves very differently even if you the same display card. Good luck!