Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS can't erase partition with HFS+

Mariussx

7 posts in this topic

Hi folfs,

I am currently using Windows Vista and CPU with SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 and SATA2 hard disk. This is my first time I am installing Mac OS X on a real PC :) (I have installed earlier v10.4.2 on VmWare Workstation and it worked fine, but didn't used it long, as on real PC it will work much faster). I have HDD from 3 partitions - 1 for Vista (primary, ntfs), second (logical, ntfs) - other files and the third (primary, FAT32) I made specially for Mac OS X. I used Acronis OS Selector as my boot manager and Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 as my partition manager to create that trird partition for Mac OS X and dual boot. Used Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS release (from demonoid). This is the main problem: I can't format my third partition to HFS+. This is the images I took with m mobile phone (sorry for quality, but I don't currently have digital camera) in chronological order:

There are some faults, don't know what means:

Photo 1

This is the info of the third partition I want to format (is there everything right?):

Photo 2

Then I try to format it to HFS+ it shows an error (how to get these privileges?):

Photo 3

Here I have tried to delete partition for Mac and use it as unallocated space to create a new partition with Mac tools, but it said, that this would erase all my hard disk :

Photo 4

Finally, I took a photo of a log, thought it would be useful:

Photo 5

What should I do to get partition formatted and be able to install Mac OS X 10.4.8? Please help me...

Great thanx to all for your answers in advance :D

Don't worry about this. Mac OS can't find AirPort (WiFi) on your "native" Mac :)

And about disk.

Go to Windows, delete partition, prepared for Mac OS, unallocated space appears. Then run command line, and type:

diskpart

selectdisk 0

create partition primary id=af

Boot from OSX86 DVD, go to Disk Utility, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) FS and Erase. Готово.

Don't worry about this. Mac OS can't find AirPort (WiFi) on your "native" Mac :D

And about disk.

Go to Windows, delete partition, prepared for Mac OS, unallocated space appears. Then run command line, and type:

diskpart

selectdisk 0

create partition primary id=af

Boot from OSX86 DVD, go to Disk Utility, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) FS and Erase. Готово.

Thanx, I'll try this. Nu eta eschio neГотово :)

OK, now I can install Mac OS X, thank you very much :)

But there is another problem. I install Mac from "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]" DVD, and it prompts for restart, but after it - there is no Mac OS X to boot. Only my Vista is shown in Acronis OS Selector and Boot from cd option. During install I selected only Intel kernel SSE2, SSE3 (can't be selected separately), Azalia audio (as my Creative SB won't work) and one more driver I need (don't remember right now), no x11, no printer drivers, no languages, no nvidia or ati drivers (I use nVidia card, but found in forum that the drivers cause errors or smth). What should I do? :(

Mariussx, did you mark partition with Mac OS as Bootable in Acronis (there's a button in window when you selecting disk with OS). Not sure that a problem in this, but check, just in case.

Yes, I marked it. It didn't let me to press "Next" until I mark it as bootable. Today tried to install uphuck 10.4.9 release, but the problem is exactly the same as with JaS 10.4.8 - it just couldn't be seen as bootable operating system and I can only choose Vista and boot from cd. :) How to solve this thing?