It works, now what? PC Card / Software Update Questions

3 posts in this topic

So I successfully installed on a dell lattitude d820, dual core (cpus=1), wireless working, etc. I then updated to 10.4.9. Now can I install Itunes updates, official software, etc, without having problems?

Another thing I wanted to ask was about the PCMCIA slot? I could not get audio working as much as i tried (Sigmatel 9200). Actually, the speakers work but there is no headphone jack / input jack. So can I buy a pcmcia audio card (echo indigo IO), and use it? When I installed, I deleted the appropriate kexts -

rm -R IOPCCardFamily.kext

rm -R ApplePCCard16ATA.kext

rm -R ApplePCCardATA.kext

But does this mean the pcmcia slot wont work?

So I successfully installed on a dell lattitude d820, dual core (cpus=1), wireless working, etc. I then updated to 10.4.9. Now can I install Itunes updates, official software, etc, without having problems?

Another thing I wanted to ask was about the PCMCIA slot? I could not get audio working as much as i tried (Sigmatel 9200). Actually, the speakers work but there is no headphone jack / input jack. So can I buy a pcmcia audio card (echo indigo IO), and use it? When I installed, I deleted the appropriate kexts -

rm -R IOPCCardFamily.kext

rm -R ApplePCCard16ATA.kext

rm -R ApplePCCardATA.kext

But does this mean the pcmcia slot wont work?

Have you checked the 10.4.8 Hardware Compatibility List ?

I'm absolutely not sure the PCMCIA slot will work... but your answer lies in the HCL or in this forum.

By the way, use google to search the forum, rather than the search function that sucks... (admins, what are you doing about that ?!)

About the 10.4.9 update, you can now install itunes update, security updates and everything else...

But be carfeul, when 10.4.10 will be out, don't install it :-)