Looking for Titan for 7600GS

9 posts in this topic

Hello gang !

A newbie in the Hackintosh world here....

I have been able to install succesfully 10.4.6 on my newly build machine but I am still struggling to get my 7600GS to work.

After trying several unsucessful attempts with MacVidia 1.0.8 and doing a lot of homework, I have come to the conclusion that using the Titan driver might be the way to go.

Problem is that the link I have found

http://omni.starchaser.org/titan/

seems to be either dead or unavailable for the time being.

So I was wondering if any af you guys would be able to send point me to a working link or email my the driver directly :blink:

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Intel E6600

P5W DH Deluxe

Gigabyte GeForce 7600GS

Install 10.4.6 MyZ

Im using an XFX GeForce 7600GS with natit dual 0.2... both DVI ports work, but only tested with vga monitors (using dvi-vga adaptors)

Both monitors, with CI/QE working. in extend mode.

in 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel.

Just a quick (and dirty) report

The Diabolik install: the installation went smoothly, except that the system (10.4.6 MyZ) hung on reboot :hysterical: . Had to re-install.

Natit installer won't even open... I even tried on a legit Mac with 10.4.4 , to no avail.

It seems like I definately need to get 10.4.8 in order to get this thing off the ground. Problem is that my Jas 10.4.8 won't install, either from scratch or on the top of the 10.4.6.

Hey Mac Gurus.... any hope ? :)

Thanks

Intel E6600

PW5DH Deluxe MoBo

Gigabyte 7600GS

10.4.6 ?? Hmmm first things first, try to obtain the Uphuck 10.4.9 Universal DVD v1.2 - I can't tell you where to find it since that would be breaking all the rules but if I needed to find something I turn to google and use uncommon words like +uphuck +torrent (+ means both words must appear on the page) to narrow your search also I seem remember that newsgroups are another good place to search for files and such... I'm sure there are web based search engines that let your search them http://www.binsearch.info/ being one of them.

From what I've read about that DVD (I don't have it) it not only has a full 10.4.9 intel install but contains lots of the latest and greatest drivers you may need to install.

Hope this helps

D

Thanks again for the replies....

While I was trying every possibilities to install 10.4.8 with the image I have, I had a legit Mac on the net, which now has just finished downloading another 10.4.8 image.... This new one seems to show some inclination to install (in progress as I am writing this)

Keeping fingers crossed....

But anyways, I'll give the 10.4.9 thing a try also.

You guys have been so helpful so far, thanks again

• 1 month later...

Well, mine works just perfectly. The monitor is connected on the dvi output. The provlem is that I can't install natit kext, since the os hungs and have to reinstall.

Thankfuly I've come up with a solution on how to change the screen resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024, though my Nvidia 7600gs isn't recognized.

Does anybody have a solution on proper card detection? I have os 10.4.7.