Dimension 2350 Install Issues

FurryPenguin

3 posts in this topic

Hey, all. I'm new to OSX86, and I'm having some problems. On a Dell Dimension 2350, a machine with 256MB RAM and some kind of Intel integrated graphics system, the 10.4.7 install has serious color/contrast issues. It's grayscale, very grainy, and the color's appear inverted (the mouse cursor is white.) Is this an issue with the integrated graphics or is there something else I need to worry about?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

i have two of the dell dimension 2350 i got one to work by updating the BIOS and placing a standard PCI ATI 9200 video card in one. also the highest OSX you can place on it is 10.4.10 i used Kalway. everything works except there is no Quarts extreme for the video.

• 4 weeks later...

without changing anything from its factory settings and hardware, you are saying 10.4.10 Kalaway is the latest i can install? this will be my first OSX installation but thinking of taking it home for my ftp server. they have no problem with me doing this, but not sure it is worth the efforts. i am a new macbook owner and love the OS. would be awesome to set up my ftp server for my house with an installation of this..

oh and sorry to have jacked the thread.