problem with dual video cards (geforce) using nanit

7 posts in this topic

hello everybody, i'm a long time lurker, first time poster. i've got a video card problem. first things first... here's my config...

gigabyte ga-965p-ds3

core2duo e6400

2gb ddr2-800 patriot extreme performance

geforce 7100gs 128mb (pci-e)

geforce fx5200 128mb (pci)

i installed Nanit for Nvidia dual display (here) and i get a panic during bootup when both video cards are installed. the OS says "you must reboot your system... blah blah."

so... i pulled out the pci-e 7100gs and the system boots perfectly running dual screen with all resolutions available. but refuses to work at all with both video cards in.

i don't mind only having 1 video card installed but i don't want to have to keep pulling it out and plugging it back in all the time (my winxp partition runs 4 monitors). is there any way i can get the system to boot with both video cards installed? i don't mind if one of them is disabled, i just want both to be inside the computer. thanks in advance for helping!

Be glad that you have dual-monitor at all.. I don't know OS version u're using, but since 10.4.8 PCI isn't supported anymore. If your 2nd card is really PCI, then I'm not wondering why your system crashes... Did MacOS X ever supported PCI gfx cards?

i'm using 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.9. the PCI works and the PCI-e works. but nothing works if both cards are in together. if either one is in... they function perfectly. is there a fast way to disable one or the other without pulling it out?

By default the Natit kext has multiple hex strings in the <IOPCIMatch> value so that it matches a wide range of cards... maybe it's matching both cards? If you haven't already done this, edit the <IOPCIMatch> value so that it includes only the vendor and device for the card you want to use, and maybe it will ignore the other one.

By default the Natit kext has multiple hex strings in the <IOPCIMatch> value so that it matches a wide range of cards... maybe it's matching both cards? If you haven't already done this, edit the <IOPCIMatch> value so that it includes only the vendor and device for the card you want to use, and maybe it will ignore the other one.

how do i find out the vendor and device of my card?

• 2 months later...

i had the same problem. the problem was in the pc bios. it was set to make the pci card the primary gfx card. when i switched it back to agp as the primary my system boots without panic. but if i have the pci card plugged in (fx5200) after osx loads up it goes to a black screen. so i think im closer to getting it to work now. but still no go.