Installed Jas 10.4.8 on P5B-E, now just blue background

vadimr

3 posts in this topic

I installed JAS 10.4.8 SSE2 & SSE3 DVD on my C2D Machine, it is ASUS P5B-E, C2D E6600 (it's oced to 3.4, does that matter, it runs perfect under windows for six month), 2GB of Corsair Ram DDR2-PC-6400 CAS4, ATI X1950XT video card.

At first I was having problem booting from the drive, finally I connected the drive using USB and was able to boot and install. I selected to Install Intel Support and Additional hardware support. It installed everything, rebooted and now all I get is a blue background, it begins to load, I see an apple background, cursor is moving and then it switches over to blue background and dies.

Any suggestions?

It´s like JCCool just said...

I think maybe you installed osx WITH the dvd's ati drivers. (ganz bestimmt!)

OSX will NEVER boot with these installed. A video driver is running i suspect,

it is dvd installed x1000 drivers, with these you cant boot into safe mode,

boot with -s kernel flag (sum)

Now you need to re-mount your volume

mount -uw /

then to remove the dvd's ati files type these 3 commands

sudo rm -rf /system/library/extensions/Natit.kext

sudo rm -rf /system/library/extensions/ATINDRV.kext

sudo rm -rf /system/library/extensions/atix1000.kext

After running all 3 of these, reboot and run jccool installer v3.

question, i have the x1950xt, i have tried jccool's method, but i get the blue screen, just like the previous poster. this is when i try to boot off the card. when i go back to internal gma900 system profiler sees the ati card, with the correct bus etc. but i cannot boot of it, i mean the mac boots, its just a blue screen. i did not install the dvd's ati drivers, i installed the gma900 drivers got that working, then went ahead with jccool's installer v.3. suggestions?