Installation Trouble on Acer Aspire

rude1

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

im new in this forum and i have some questions. I tried to install this Image: OSX 10.4.9 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2] on my Acer Aspire 3003 (Amd Semperon 3000), i always got the message " Still waiting for root device". I know that can happen if DVD-Rom and HDD are not in the right order. I tested a USB DVD drive also no sucess. Theres is no jumper to set on harddisk and dvd rom, i think it's normal on laptops.

Has anyone an idea...this would be a big big help....

blessings from germany

:blink:

I'm in almost exactly the same situation. My laptop is Acer Aspire 3050 with Sempron 3500+ with same exact message. Haven't yet tried a USB drive, but likely I'll probably have same problems as you. I've ordered a usb enclosure kit that will take an internal ide hard drive and convert it into a usb drive -- I'll let you know if it works at all. I've installed other OS's on my laptop with no problems at all, so I know this is uniquely a problem with OSX, but likely this will eventually be solved in time either by hack gurus or OSX itself. Will wait and see.

yes the usb enclosure was also a idea of mine, but i found out that my usb enclosure is broken. I think i get a new one and test it also....

Just installed onto the ide hard drive enclosed usb external case and it worked! Booted from it flawlessly.