Please help me out ive reinstalled about 10 times

r m x

2 posts in this topic

I've this two versions:

10.4.6.JAS intel_amd

10.4.8 JAS intel _amd

The first one work perfectly, dual boot worked with chain loader, my ati was not recognized, audio working, but since its an old os version i couldnt install adobe cs3

10.4.8 ( HELL )

Dual boot is not working, i've tried to install this one with vmware and still cant get dual boot

once installed, audio is not working, mouse and keyboard not working, the same video with 10.4.6, i cant continue with installation cause cant use the mouse and keyboard.

PLEASE HELP ME ! WHAT I DID WRONG

I have:

P4 HT 3.0GHZ

1.2GB RAM

ATI X300 PCIE

MB: INTEL915PGN

AUDIO INT. REALTEKHDAUDIO

If mouse and keyboard don't work at install time, make sure you have disabled in BIOS "support for legacy USB devices." And then only use PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I've never been able to install kext drivers for the ATI x300. I tried all the Callisto drivers and they don't work. Darwin sees it as an ATI X200g and it works fine that way, no 3D support. Monitor resolution is hard coded in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. Audio will require some experimentation with different drivers. The Dual boot thing is a separate issue, good luck with that:-) It's difficult enough getting the thing to boot as the only OS. But once you get it set it's there for good.