Issues with mounting network share for install...

justen

2 posts in this topic

I'm (attempting) to follow this install guide:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...le_And_Accurate

For some reason, though, I can't get Gentoo to mount the smb share. I've tried sharing from both a PC and a Mac, and while they can mutually access each other, Gentoo replies with the (apparently generic) error: "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //host/share/, or too many mounted file systems".

Any ideas? Thanks!

justen

Hi,

Just faced it, with Ubuntu Live CD.

Though you have SMB client, you do not have the SMBFS tools: symptoms are you can browse Windows servers but any "mount -t smbfs" fails with the symptom you describe.

In Gentoo, I can<t help. In Ubuntu, start the Synaptics package manager, agree to refresh your sources (Internet connection required) then search (menu Edit, Search) for the word "smb" and you will see the missing tools (uninstalled). Mark for installation, agree for any dependancies and apply changes. Once setup completes, your command line that failed magically start working...

While you are there, search for "hfs" and install hfs related packages. That way, you can create a secondary partition on your physical drive (because dumping the 6 GB image file even on a 20 GB disk will result in a single 6 GB primary partition created and 14 GB of free space) and format it a HFS.

Enjoy.