Error parsing plist fileLoading Darwin/x86

Giantjad

16 posts in this topic

I recently followed the Dilnalomo tutorial to a tee. However, when I boot the JaS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel Universal dvd, the disc says "Error parsing plist fileLoading Darwin/x86" and doesn't do anything.

I have a dv8301nr HP Pavilion notebook, with no upgrades.

AMD Turion 64 1.8gz

80 GB IDE hard drive

512 MB Ram

ATI Radeon Xpress 200m graphics

If any other specs are need, I should be able get them.

Thanks for any help.

Use Everets Ultimate to chek if your system is compatabile first.

Disable SMART and set boot order from Bios.

Use IDE HDD master and DVD drive slave.

Use PS/2 Key and mouse if possible.

Connect an external monitor if you work in a notebook in case of problems.

Press F8 on startup and type -v and hit enter to collect error reports.

Just did the error report. It said "Loading HFS+ file:[/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.lre.Boot.plist] from 4230450." I'll disable the SMART in my BIOS (I believe I can do it). I'll also try redownloading the iso if that should help.

I'll get it installed eventually. I'm definitely a novice, but I have the patience and time to figure it out (or two weeks, which ever comes first). I'll report back when I have Mac up and running 100%.

I checked my BIOS, and I did not see anything concerning SMART.

I don't know if any of this helps or not, but these are my BIOS specs:

System Board: 309B

BIOS Version: F.42

KBC Version: 49.55

UUID Number: 4B2D6420EC711DB8D780016D4334262

My boot order on my notebook is of course Floppy, CD/DVD, Hard Drive.

Just finished redownloading the iso as I am typing. I'll burn it and see what happens.

Just tried out my other burn. I used Verbatim DVD-R on both and both worked the same, or not worked depending on how you look at it.

Ran diagnostic. It would flash the information and then go right back to the boot sequence. I had to keep typing -v over and over, but I got the info (or at least most of it)

Loading HFS+ file:[/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.lre.Boot.plist] from 4230450

Loading HFS+ file:[/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.lre.Boot.plist] from 4230450

Loading kernel mach_kernel

Loading HFS+ file:[mach_kernel] from 4230450

Loading HFS+ file:[mach_kernel] from 4230450.

I'll try an external monitor now. Will report my luck later tonight.

Success! Sort of.

I typed in "Platform=ACPI" and managed to install the disc. I had a USB mouse connected to my notebook coincidentally. Apparently, that did the trick perhaps, because I had typed in the ACPI code before. I now have a dual boot. Many thanks to Oracle67.

Now my problem is whenever I try to boot into OS X the Darwin Bootloader fails to parse the plist again. I'll try booting again with the mouse attached and see if that does anything.

Also something weird happened. The first two times a tried to load Windows, I got to the log-in screen, typed my password and entered, and then nothing happened. All I got was my background. No explorer bar, no shortcuts, no nothing. On the third time it booted up correctly.

I'll report my situation again tomorrow or so.

• 4 months later...
Success! Sort of.

I typed in "Platform=ACPI" and managed to install the disc. I had a USB mouse connected to my notebook coincidentally. Apparently, that did the trick perhaps, because I had typed in the ACPI code before. I now have a dual boot. Many thanks to Oracle67.

Now my problem is whenever I try to boot into OS X the Darwin Bootloader fails to parse the plist again. I'll try booting again with the mouse attached and see if that does anything.

Also something weird happened. The first two times a tried to load Windows, I got to the log-in screen, typed my password and entered, and then nothing happened. All I got was my background. No explorer bar, no shortcuts, no nothing. On the third time it booted up correctly.

I'll report my situation again tomorrow or so.

Hi GaintJad, did you have any luck getting this to work? I am running into a similar issue. I was able to install but when I boot into Darwin boot manager F8 and try to boot into OS X normally and with switches -s -x as well with no luck. I get the following error message that were similar to yours.

[Library.Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com/apple.lre.boot.plist] from 42302c0

Setting boot-uuid to: 5bd97f06-fc3a-3fd7-8a5f-e4404

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people, I'm new here...

I'm trying to install uphuck 10.4.9 DVD v1.3 on my brand new dv6445 HP Notebook.

Notebook specs are:

Turion X2 1.8Ghz

160gb SATA

2gb RAM DDR2

nVidia 6150

Broadcom Wireless

Lightscribe DVD burner

I'm getting that same problem above: " error parsing plist fileLoading Darwin/x86".

I tested the disc on another computer (Acer Notebook - Dual Core, IDE HD and so on) and it worked fine.

I also unppluged my USB mouse and typed Platform=ACPI but i keep getting the same infamous screen that asks me to chose the startup volume. :/

Any help?

• 1 month later...

I am having this same problem. Was there ever a solution discovered for this?

I am booting OS X from a flash drive using uphuck 1.4 thingy using a universal kernal and the AMD installation.

The installation finishes just fine, but when I boot from the USB device (after changing everything in the BIOS) it comes back with the "Error parsing plist fileLoading Darwin/x86" thing.

Help? I really want to have OS X on my dv5130us.

• 7 months later...
Has anyone figured this problem out yet? I get the same issue using iDeneb.

hp dv-9410us

turion 64

installing to an external usb hard drive

Yes, I had this same problem on Leo4All and iDeneb. Here's what I had to do to get past it:

Do all of this AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE...

At boot prompt hit ESC for boot options

Select boot from hard drive - ENTER

ENTER again as soon as you see the boot countdown

Hit enter again to boot from there or type your boot flag options.

There is a strange timing issue here where some boards want to release the SATA drives after a few seconds of inactivity.

Someone told me a neat workaround that worked for my system. Set up a short boot password. Set the Darwin prompt to timeout at 1 or 2 seconds. It should boot ok then. You still have to be a little quick about it.

Hope this helps some of you.