ASUS A8V-VM & SATA VT8237A

3 posts in this topic

Hello out there,

I've some problems with my Hackintosh. One of these problems is the SATA-Controller. An installation on a SATA HDD is not possible. Ok - no problem so far, I already have a 80GB IDE HDD in my PC. But I also want to use my two other harddiscs in my PC (a 80GB Maxtor SATA-II & a 250GB Samsung SATA-II).

A few weeks ago I had it running on the same platform. I found some instructions the modify the AppleVIASATA.kext-file, unfortunally I'm unable to find it again. I forgot to print it out :/ The last two days I spend a lot time in this forum. All I remember is, that it was an italian post. Well - I can't read italian, but the instructions were readable for me ;)

As I said before, I can't find them :thumbsup_anim: Just another instruction also in the italian corner, but this won't work. Maybe one/some of you have an idea where to find this tutorial to get it run.

My other (and last "big" problem) is, that my Hackintosh and my Ubuntu Linux Server are not in the mood to speak to each other via SMB or even CIFS. That's a major problem, cos all my music and a lot other mainly stuff is stored there. Of course I can reach it installing a FTP server like proftpd on the local server, but this is not what I want to. I like to be able to edit (mainly php & html) files "live" there. I'm able to access the webserver easily and also the local mailserver runs smoothly (courier imap).

I can login, see the sharepoints, and when it comes to authorize I'm able to enter my data (like workgroup, user & password). Next, an "unknown error" appears. On other machines (Win XP & Win Vista) it works w/o any problems.

I tried to install the SMB & AFP patch which is mainly for version 10.4.7 (I run JaS' 10.4.8 here), but - nothing works yet.

Hopefully someone has an idea! :)

Ciao

CaptainNemo

PS. Hardware data: Mainboard: ASUS A8V-VM with VIA K8T980 chipset, SATA controller (southbridge) is VT8237A.

Hi,

ok - solved my SATA-Problem. In a funny way (in my mind) - I enabled the AHCI in the BIOS. OS X bootet, restarted, bootet, hangs, rebootet, comes up normally and: All discs present... don't ask me why - but works now! :-D

I hope the other problem is solvable, too :hysterical:

Ciao

CaptainNemo

Hey - I just solved the other problem, too! I just installed "netatalk" (Apple File Protocol Server) on my Ubuntu Server and voilá! Everything works fine now - ok - it's a workaround.