Possible to install on a P5B?

djeyewater

6 posts in this topic

I am having trouble to install OSX on my PC, an ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi/AP with 2 SATA Drives in RAID0. When I try to install I get the error:

System Config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I have tried a 10.4.6 DVD I downloaded a while back, Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2] and also a patched version of that with the JMicron patch applied. All give the same error straight away when I boot from them. I tried booting from the patched version in VMWare and still got the same error.

Is there any hope for me or is my setup incompatible? (I understand there are problems with JMicron controller, SATA and RAID all of which I have and also my mobo's not listed in the HCL).

I had the same problem, I forgot how I fixed it, but I think it had something to do with the installer's disk utility not flagging the partition that you installed OSX on as bootable. Check google, I know it was the problem on one of my installs, I don't know if it was on this one or my AMD system, though.

I fixed it with a Gentoo cd and went into fdisk and flagged it, but I know you can do it from windows or the OSX install disk, I just don't know those commands very well.

i have the same problem, it was because of the IDE controller (some JMicron {censored}) for one of your devices (probably CD/DVD drive). try using a IDE to SATA adapter.

your DVD drive it seems not "visible"some way or your image need to be burned again.

Try the basics:

HDD IDE master, DVD ATA Drive slave, that i think it work in all contitions.

Try to burn the ISO in slowest possible speed.

On start hit F8 and start by typing -v .

OK, I tried again in VMWare today. I told VMWare to use the 10.4.8 unpatched ISO for the DVD drive. Booted it up and got a message counting down or to press F8 for options - previously that never happened and it just had the error message straight away.

I pressed F8 and booted with -v. It got to loading generic PATA drivers and stayed there for a bit. Then it had some error messages, and I got the message about 'still waiting for root device', then crashed. I am guessing this is because it can't recognise my SATA drives?