kernel panic with JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3

polle58

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an athlon 3500+ venice core with nvidia 6200TC videocard, installed macos86 10.4.4 and that runs fine on this machine , also could install macvidia driver;

I wanted to upgrade, so I downloaded a JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 DVD, upgraded with option for AMD kernel and natit after upgrade got kernel panic during booting. So I decided to do a clean install but got the same kenel panic;

I think it's related to this, during installation it says that after installation I have to patch with: "./patcher 10.4.8.AMD.CPUID.txt, but seems it can't find this file? I looked around and found this: amd_1048_new.txt

tried to run this with patcher and it patches some files but kernel panic still occurs.

Does I have to download another patch first, of do I something wrong?

for the moment I put back my ghost copy of 10.4.4, so I have at least again a running macosx86, but I really would like to upgrade to 10.4.8

Test versions...just test and compare it.

In betwen 4.4 and 4.8 is 4.5 and 4.6 , 4,7 try what works better with minimal issues and if can be easyly fixed continue.

If your iso is just an upgrade to 10.4.8 then you need all upgrades from 4 to 8.

used the tubgirl 10.4.8 final and patched it with 10.4.9 ppf ,now everything went fine, have nvidia with titan working and so: this realy flies, only have to get my 8139 nic working, but no big deal as the unboard nic on my MSI mobo works fine with forcedeth.

Many thanks to tubgirl for a realy fine release