Laptop not booting without power adapter

yeuthem

3 posts in this topic

I install Jas 10.4.6, boot fine without power adapter on my laptop and even upgrade to 10.4.7, which is fine also.

But when install Jas 10.4.8 AMD SSE2 SSE3 SPIFF, when done with installation, try to boot it without power adapter and it's wont' boot. (Stuck at the gray apple screen)

But with power adapter, it's booting up fine. Don't know why. Try to delete the powermanagement bundle, still same problem.. Some kind of hardware or driver problem.. Any one help??????

• 2 weeks later...

hey....even i have got the same problem....problem exists with both 10.4.8 and 4.9....if u try to boot with -v...it would hang with message like "current acpi status:"...i tried deleting powermanagement kexts and even tried a new one..but no go!!...when i deleted appleacpi.kext it resulted in a boot failure...with a message saying unknow acpi.....funny thing is once i boot into the os with the power adapter i can continue to use without it....and it shows me the battery status also...i guess its something to with acpi...

ps:"maybe replacing the acpi kext from 10.4.6 solve the problem...can ya mail me...or try it yourself....its just a try...i am not sure whether it would work or not...