Can't read an HFS-Journaled partition

dakine

4 posts in this topic

I deleted a couple of linux ext partitions on a 400GB SATA drive, that also had a 150GB HFS partition used mainly for data. After deleting the ext2 partitions, when I boot into OS X, I can no longer see the Mac partition.

When I look in Disk Utility it states that the HFS-J partition is an NTFS partition. However, I have NTFS-3g installed and the partition does not mount as an NTFS partiton.

When I boot into XP though with Macdrive installed, Macdrive mounts the partition as an HFS-Journaled partition and all of my data is still there.

Anybody have any suggestions on a way to repair the partiton, Disk Utility wil not mount the partition. (See attachment)

DU_Capture.tiff

You may need a reinstall. :censored2:

I know, but it may be the easiest/only fix! ( Repartition, install, and get on with hackin! )

If you have your system set how you like you could make a .dmg of it and restore instead. :censored2:

Post back what you do.

Good luck dakine!

Thanks for the reply.

None of the problems with the Hard Drive are that big of a problem if I have to reformat the whole hard drive, I think I can pull off any data that I absulutely need, but could I just delete the first partition that is the problem, and then create a new partition using Disk Utility, it makes me wonder if using Disk Utility that it will wipe out the whole Hard Drive.