install fine, can't use with hyperthreading

roceci

5 posts in this topic

pretty new to mac x86 but have managed to successfully install 10.4.9 on 2 different pcs so far - neither particularly smooth processes but by pulling bits of info from here & there in these forums i've got everything booting nicely. sort of...

i've got one problem on each, i'll post them separately. the first involves a pc with a P4 3.2Ghz SSE/SSE2 HT. if i boot with hyperthreading enabled in the bios, darwin gets as far as loading a couple of commands after the initial 'press any key to boot' screen then suddenly reboots the machine. just like that. disabling hyperthreading solves the problem & gives a smooth boot, but this is a pain as i have to go into the bios to re-renable HT when i want to use winxp (dual boot system). ugh!

so does 10.4.9 support HT? i'm not sure if this is a simple yes or no, or if something needs modifying...i've tried looking everywhere for answers but not come up with anything specific. i've not posted any other hardware specifics at this time as it seems to be just the HT issue, but i can give detailed info if needed, along with any other info that might be handy.

any help appreciated. ta

HT works fine on my system. System profiler thinks I have a core solo but activity monitor and applications such as cinema 4d see 2 procs.

• 3 months later...