Making a 100% working Hackintosh Notebook

arepas

2 posts in this topic

Hi people, I'm new on this stuff about running OSx86 on standard PCs and I wondering if there is a way to get a 100% working Hackintosh Notebook.

There is a jungle of information and experiments about, and (I think) there are no clean an proper hardware specifications and intsallation instructions for it.

Reading blogs out there, I found that there are three basic issues after installing OSx86 (any version) on laptops:

1.- Boot problems. Installation process is successful, but... when booting, the computer crashes. There is just a white screen with the grey Apple logo, and suddenly appears a black screen with a message written in several languages.

2.- Audio and 3.- Video problems that need to be patched to get them working fine. But wich are the best patches? where to find them?

I hope this topic helps to put together the best infos.

Thanks!!! :)

It all depends on the kind of Notebook you have. Most of the issues with the right hardware are 1. making the partition active to boot 2. installing the right drivers for video most of the times and audio. Remember, if it installed it CAN boot, just try to boot from the DVD. I have a Compaq C303NR and everything works perfectly except the Wireless but I have a wirless bridge so I haven't lost that functionality. I am working with 512 Mb Ram only and the performance is great.