Install Error, cant write file

x0a

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've tried to install OSX86 but during the installation always an error ocurres, and the installation gets abortet, and says me, that I should start the Installation new. I've looked into the protocol, and ther is always an error about "can't write file". The error occures alwasy at a different file.

Why?

Hmm, now I get the error always while installing the BSD-Subsystem. It says that some files can't be written to ...

But one time the installation finished without errors, but I've installed it to the wrong partition.

What I make wrong?

I always delete the one partition with MAC Journaling, and than i use this partition to install MAC there.

Ok, I was able to install MAC on my 80GB IDE HDD, I've restarted, but the postscreen freezes with the IDE HD and MAC on it. When I connect the HDD after the posstreen, I get the Error message:

DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER!

Waht is now the problem?

First of all: I've downloaded this version:

<h3 class="post-title">MAC OSX x86 10.4.8 for Intel and AMD PCs</h3>

The I burned it with GnomeBaker. I have rebooted my PC and booted from DVD.

Then I've deleted my HDD with the Utility and formatted it with MAC (Journaling).

Then I've choosed the JaS AMD Patch, the nVidia Graphic Patch, and the "Custom Hardware Patches" for the Sound...

After the installation i had to reboot, but I get a freeze on the postscreen while my IDE with MAC is connected. I've tried to connect it after the postscreen, but then comes the error message:

system config file "/com.apple.Boot.plist" not found

Thants all