10.4.3 Install Problems

neonfox

6 posts in this topic

Hello all...

I have 10.4.1 installed on my system and wanted to give 10.4.3 a try. I downloaded 8f1099, applied the patch from Maxxuss's site, burned to DVD, rebooted, and I now get the infamous reset screen. I have an Athlon 64 3000 that is a Clawhammer, so SSE2 and NX apparently (no SSE3). I tried booting with the other mach_kernel options but no luck. I tried booting with -v -s and I get the kernel poll debugger error or something like that... which I thought might be attributed to my vid card (radeon 9800 pro) but not sure.

Is anybody else having issues with Athlon 64? I'm pretty sure I ppf'ed the .iso correctly... and now I'm stuck.

Also, should I bother dealing with this release or should I wait for 8f1111 to hit newsgroups? I hate downloading on torrent... too slow for me.

Thanks for the help!

Same problem here.

Either the darwin loader quits and system resets or I get the 'You need to restart your system...' gray screen.

I've tried the nonx and sse2 mach_kernels. I've tried repatching the iso and burning a new copy. Nothing seems to work.

Pentium 4 c 2.6 ghz on an 875p chipset motherboard with a geforce4 ti4600.

If I replace the Pentium 4 c Northwood with a Prescott do you think it might install?

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

I heard someone else saying it took like 10 times to get it to work... as if it worked randomly. I guess I'll download 8f1111 on torrent, and wait for Maxxuss's patch to come out. I'm itching to get this baby goin on my Athlon64 with ATI radeon 9800 pro... especially video support, since 10.4.1 is quite choppy. Hopefully this lag will be resolved with 10.4.3 on my system. However any suggestions to get 10.4.3 8f1099 going on my desktop? I find it odd that 10.4.1 worked and that 10.4.3 doesn't, even with the applied maxxuss patches. poo