Please help me install my Radeon 9550

videotape74

2 posts in this topic

Ok, first of all here are my system specs...

CPU: Pentium D 3.2GHz

Mobo: ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA Socket 775

RAM: 512 MB DDR PC3200

Video: Gigabyte Radeon 9550 256 MB

I've installed Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2] and all seems to be find but for the life of me I cannot get my Radeon working to its full potential. Any help in making life a little bit easier for me would be greatly appreciated. I admit that I'm very new at this whole osx86 thing so please be gentle! lol

thanks again!!!

I have a Radeon 9550 on my AMD machine and had trouble at first as well. Not sure if it's exactly the same for intel as AMD, since my intel machine has PCI-e gfx, but maybe this will help somewhat. You probably need to install AGPGart.kext and Callisto. Not all versions of AGPGart work with all machines/video cards so finding the right version can be a little tricky. This will show your video card as being AGP, not PCI. Callisto was the problem i had because i didn't read all the instructions throroughly at first. it's important to follow every step exactly, and they can be a bit daunting at first. It requires getting the EDID of you monitor and editing the .plist file in the kext among a couple other steps. Maybe there's an easier method out now, like i noticed on the uphuck 10.4.9 DVD there is a patch for ATI AGP support, but i'm not sure exactly what it is for. hope this helps a bit.