slow video

yod9999

5 posts in this topic

hi

i've managed to get osx onto my apple tv without too much trouble, but i've got a question about video playback.

i can play divx through quicktime and mpgs through mythfrontend, but both play back rather slowly, like the video has been set to play at 75% speed. it's only using about 20% cpu, but it feels like it's really struggling. there's very little free memory however, about 5MB.

has anyone else managed to get video playback working satisfactorily?

cheers

yod

does your sound work ? how did you acheive this ?

As for your problem, the only suggestion I have is to use a faster hard drive so that virtual memory is faster

nope, no sound unfortunately, still hoping someone else is going to sort that out at some point :thumbsup_anim: i did try the codec dumps from here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=48201 but it didn't make any difference. as far as i can tell osx doesn't even recognise any sounds devices, everything is greyed out in system preferences/sound.

i'm not sure what's going on with the video, it's the same when playing divx files through qt. the same files play fine using ATVFiles with the AppleTV OS however. i know other people have got mythtv working (still without sound though), so i think it's something i've done during the osx installation....

cheers

yod9999

sounds like you've got a bit futher than me, but not much

i've given up on this route now, i've restored to the original os and then managed to get mythtv running on there. just killed the finder so i can see mythfrontend. all seems ok, at least for SD playback