Dual booting on second harddrive

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i currently run a windows machine with a 320 gb sata harddrive and a 50gb ide hdd. I want to have the 320gb hdd to have windows and ONLY windows and the 50gb can all be dedicated to the mac. Now how would i go about setting this up and are there any good bootladers that would allow me to choose which OS i want at startup? I would also like it to default to windows if nothing is slected after a set time.

Thanks.

Oh and i am willing to take out my sata hardrive and just install to the ide one, but i really dont know how. IF there are any tutorials around and a list of the files i need that would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere in the forum and peope said that the steps taken are below

1/ Use Acronis Disk Director to format 2nd hard drive (2nd HD) as FAT32 (assuming that 2nd HD consist only one partition)

2/ Make 2nd HD primary and partition active => actually i don't know how to make it

3/ Insert Mac OSX DVD and choose the 2nd HD, format as journalised and go installing

4/ When booting, simply press F8 and your bios will give menu allowing you to choose which hard drive to be booted, choose 2nd HD and that's done