Problem installing, stuck at "select startup disk"

exodus454

2 posts in this topic

Just installed osx86 using the dd method. Ive followed every step to the letter, and im up to the part where you run dd and reboot into OSX. The chain0 boot file seems to be working, but every time i try and start OSX i select it from the windows bootloader, it goes to the darwin/x86 loading screen and then asks me to select a startup partition, of which there are three coices: partition1 is a fat32 partition, partition2 is the OSX temp partition and partition3 is the darwin partition.

Now, when i select the 2nd or 3rd partition for boot, it just quickly flashes something so quickly that you cant read it and returns you to the menu. Selecting the fat32 partition freezes the computer, and i've tried starting with the -x and -v switches.

Does anyone know whats going on here? I tried copying the files from windows to the mac partition twice, still doesnt work, ive played with the boot file to no avail, and google doesnt return much useful info. I'm not at home right now, but I can get more specifics on the errors when i get home (booting to darwin with the -v option gives 3 file errors, booting to tiger gives one error which i think is a missing startup file) later.

Help?

... Selecting the fat32 partition freezes the computer...

Hmmm, your Windows partition is FAT32 ?. Did you decompress the .tar.bz2 file using this partition (FAT32) ?.