New install woes - Lots of fixable errors

LonelyTV

2 posts in this topic

I'm having some issues that I can't seem to get around. I've done my civic duty as a member of the forum and I have searched both in the forum and the wiki as well as, "Googled" everything I had issues with. Unfortunately, all the topics I find are either outdated, or don't seem to work for me. The machine I'm installing Os X86 on is a rather new machine, and I went into this expecting things such as Audio and LAN not working. I *thought* the audio would be an easy fix, however I'm sorely wrong. I knew the LAN would never work, so I've opt'd to move onto a 'old' wifi card I've got. The specs of the machine are as follow:

CPU: AMD 64x2 3800+

Mobo: EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR (Foxconn really, but Sold by EVGA) 590 SLi (MCP55 Lan & according to Newegg "Realtek ALC882D")

Video Card: Nvidia 6600GT 128mb PCIe

So far I've ran into some strange issues, one being with the JaS 10.4.8 DVD. I acquired the original 10.4.8 DVD Image and both PPFs, patch the Image and burnt it. Install went fine, but when it tried to boot into Os X I got a Kernel Panic. I restarted and tried again, same panic. I rinsed and repeated three times until I gave up. I followed some of the advice from the forum and tried to install it with just the bare bones selected as well as, the defaults but was left with the same Kernal Panic.

I moved onto Tubgirl's 10.4.8 and new 10.4.9 (I'm sticking with 10.4.8 for now though). Lucky for me, both installed and booted into Os X properly. However, I was left without audio, LAN, Wifi, and QE / CI. I have attempted several times to install the patched Kext and Graphics loaders (Titan mostly) to get them to work (Aside from LAN) and have ran into more problems. I followed a lot of tutorials and downloaded several patched Audio kext (such as ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext, Taruga's HDA 'solution') though none of them seemed to enable audio for me. Wifi wise, my Wifi card is a Belkin54G with the Broadcom BCM4306 chipset, I have modified AppleAirPOrtBrcm4311.kext and added in pci14e4,4320 to the array and then had Os X tell me that it couldn't load it.

Lastly, the video card hates me! If I install NV40 from Tubgirl's DVD, I see that Titan finds my Geforce 6600GT. However, when It boots into Os X it gives me a rather pale blue screen, refreshes, and then goes black. It remains that way indefinitely. Even if I go into Geforce, NVDAResman, NVDANV40hal, and Titan.kext and add my Device IDs in. To stop the issue, I manually delete Geforce, NVDAResman, NVDANV40hal, and Titan.kext in Single-user mode.

So I'm at a loss here... I don't know if it's the fact my hardware isn't supported... or if it has to do with Tubgirl's install. On JaS I don't get a million and one "family specific matching failed" errors on boot like I do on Tubgirl's release but I do get a semi-working Os X with It.

Sorry for the novel, I thought I would be as specific as possible.

Thanks!

Well, I've lucked out today. I tried a reinstall of JaS' 10.4.8 and it finally booted into Os X properly. Unfortunately, I'm still without audio and decent video drivers. I installed the audio drivers from JaS' DVD and Titan's kexts... but that broke my install. I get the same blue screen followed by a black screen.