Mac OS X error during/after (?) installation... (picture inside)

sofakng

4 posts in this topic

Last night I started installing Mac OS X 10.4.8 (JaS + PPF1 + PPF2 + Intel/AMD SSE2/SS3) and after it started copying files from the DVD to my hard drive I went to sleep.

After I woke up I found this picture on my monitor:

489726440_1a704b0819_m.jpg

The icon at the bottom is spinning around in a circle but the PC seems to be very locked up (no keys respond what-so-ever). So, I unpugged the PC and then restarted it to see if this screen was during the installation somehow, or if the installation rebooted my machine and I was getting this screen upon "first boot" of Mac OS X.

Well, after rebooting the Darwin Boot Loader started, and then shortly after I had the same picture as above.

During the Mac OS X 10.4.8 installation I selected the "AMD SSE2.SSE3" support but I don't think I install almost any other options. Maybe I needed to install common hardware support or something?

What can be wrong?

Here is my system hardware:

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard (nForce4 SLI [AMD] chipset)

AMD Opteron 165 CPU

2 GB DDR RAM

nVidia 8800GTX Video Card

Thanks for any help....

It cannot locate Os X Disc to boot.

Thats common pronlem nForce chipset and sATA Drives.

Reinstal and chose ONLY the basic AMD related packages.

No languages support, no printers drivers, no X11, no sata suport just and only the AMD packages.

If doest boot next installation, try to install on IDE HDD.

Did the installer check your DVD? Maybe its corrupt and you clicked to skip this test. I`m confused on the image error in your grey apple...

Yup, the installer checked the DVD (it took a nice long while too)...

It cannot locate Os X Disc to boot.

Thats common pronlem nForce chipset and sATA Drives.

Reinstal and chose ONLY the basic AMD related packages.

No languages support, no printers drivers, no X11, no sata suport just and only the AMD packages.

If doest boot next installation, try to install on IDE HDD.

Yeah, I am using an SATA drive...

Was there ATA support I should have selected? (under common hardware or something?)

I think the only AMD package was the "AMD SSE2/SS3" one... is there a "basic" AMD package as well?

Thanks for your help!!