NO! 5.1 Audio Using Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External USB

5 posts in this topic

I picked up a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External USB on Friday and since then I have been trying to get 5.1 audio but no go. OSX sees it no problem but when I change the MIDI settings and select 5.1 speaker I get nothing from centre, rears, or sub only 2ch stereo. I have selected to use 6ch 24bit and set the changes in pref>sounds. I'm trying to use Toslink optical connection. I did try using JaS 10.4.8 patch but ended up loosing USB support so I had restore back to what I had.

I'm running JaS 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.9 using update from Apple and using 10.4.9 SSE2 kernel released on 4.20.07

I tried using usb-audio 1.3.0 and it does not see the card even thou it says it is supported. I also tried different version of what is included in JaS's patch but still only 2ch audio.

Does anyone have one of these who has 5.1 working, I just want to know if it does work just so I'm not wasting my time if it does not work.

I connect to normal 3x jack out... i have 10.4.9 and it also worked on all previous versions...

Are you sure youre trying a 5.1 DD movie?

Normaly i switch to 2ch (stereo) on OSX to get proper sound on 5.1 speakers... i boot to winblows to watch 5.1 movies (DVDs)on a TV...

In fact thats the only reason for me to boot to win...