Intel AC97 82801DB Audio Ports Missing

jimbeaned

1 post in this topic

I have a Gateway M320 with Audio slider control showing when I go to MIDI and try to configure speakers the output is set to Line Out well I do not have aline out on this laptop just the built in speakers and the headphone jack, neither of which has sound, when i try to configure speakers no options work, there must be a way to tell it to send the sound to the built in speakers and not the line out?

It looks like the device ID is correct and the vendor ID, but I can not figure out the correct ADS # for this sound card. The Specs on the gateway website say the chip is a realtek but the output says it is intel see below:

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_203A161F&REV_03

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: smwdm.sys

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.4010 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 1/13/2004 18:40:28, 612032 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Analog Devices

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xB5B

Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 48000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX™ 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

I3DL2™ Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura™ ZoomFX™: No

Registry: OK

Sound Test Result: Not run

okay some more info:

it looks like the intel chip is 82801DB using a realtek codec of "ALC201A" not sure if this is correct, if it is what is the ADS# to enter in here? Will that make the output ports available to use? It looks like the problem lies in the fact that there is only one output and that is line out, i tested the mic and that works. Is there a way to map ports? it seems to mention a appleaudioIO but i could not make any head way with this.

PLEASE HELP THANK YOU