want to install mac osx on my rig!

mcogan10

5 posts in this topic

hey guys

i really like the os x, and want to be able to install it on my rig. i belong to overclock.net, and im sure that this is a really basic question, so is there a sticky on this, or is it different for everyones rig? i have a p5n-sli, e4300 rig that i built myself.

Guest Ramm

Not true. Those are only motherboards and whatnot that have been tested. Your motherboard may still work fine, it just has not been verified.

I just checked myself, and if you notice, there are a lot of P5x's. So chances are it should work. If it does, be sure to tell me.

If you have a spare hard drive then go for it. I just got into OS X a few day ago when I decided to load a spare hard drive I had. Now I wish I hadnt because I havent booted back into my Vista yet! Im really diggin the OS X. I just wish I had full support of my hardware. It took me a few hours of searching through this site to peice together enough information to get my video card working. But it was well worth it. Now i just have to work on the audio

Hopefully, one day, Mac OS will be like any other OS that can be loaded on any system. Well, one can wish