Post-Installation Bootup Hangup

9 posts in this topic

Ok i just installed the 10.4.6 image. I got it all installed... Went through the B0 Error already with the non-active drive. No when i go to reboot it boots up and goes to the gray apple screen, then after spinning for a few seconds and crossed out circle appears. I have read about this before. But most were in pre-installation. I have harddrive jumper at master and SMART is disabled in bios. Please let me know what you think my problem might be. Thanks

-AJ

Im getting the "Still Waiting For Root Device". Iv been looking through here and i see a lot of people are having the same error as myself. It usually has to do with the drives not be jumpered right. Well i think i tried every different combination of ways to do it. I only have 1 IDE channel on my computer. My HD is set to MASTER w/ Slave Present and the DVD-Rom is set to SLAVE. I'm pretty sure i am missing something very obvious. I'm so close to get this running.... I think. Thanks for the help.

-AJ

Here is a picture of my error im getting when i enter the [-v mode].

I tried unhooking my dvd-rom completly and seeing if that did anything... same error.

You say OSX doesnt like IDE drives, well from the looks of other post, it seems that it doesnt like SATA either! LOL

Thanks

-AJ

post-105701-1178411338_thumb.jpg

Well thanks for the help everyone. I just got frustrated with the 10.4.6 installler. So i went and got the JAS 10.4.8 Patched and installed everyone just fine. Booted first time perfectly, im loving this OS. The only hangup im having now is that my onboard sound isnt working. Thanks for the help aagain.

-AJ