what type on myc os for my dell inspiron 6400

4 posts in this topic

First of all, I appologize if my post is posted on wrong thread... I know that this topic is probably posted before, but since I` m a person that is uses modem 56k (pitty isn`t it...?), I can`t browse all your topic. It would take my a few days to do that...

so this is my specification:

Dell Inspiron 6400

Motherboard Name: Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505

CPU Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T2300E, 1666 MHz (10 x 167)

Motherboard Chipset: Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM

System Memory: 512 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM) Samsung

BIOS Type: Phoenix

DMI BIOS Version: A14

Video Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (256 MB)

3D Accelerator: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (M54)

Audio Adapter: SigmaTel STAC9200 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

IDE Controller: Intel® 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4

Storage Controller: SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Disk Drive: SAMSUNG HM080II (80 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II)

Optical Drive: SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard (european, croatian QWERTZ...)

Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device

Modem: Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

USB Controller: Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - USB Universal Host Controller [A-1]

Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology

Broadcom NetXtreme BCM4401-B0 Fast Ethernet Controller PCI

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card Wireless Network Adapter PCI

since I am a noob and I read that many mac versions doesn`t support PCs only few cracked versions, I don`t know what version of mac os X is the best for me. I don`t know what version is capable to recognize all my hardware on Dell and put them to work as good as macbook :thumbsup_anim: (ha,ha, well not good as that, but near that quality..., if it`s possible)... please, would someone be so kind to give me an advice abouth OS and some kind of tutorial how to install it and tweak it... Thanks!

btw is this true, that mac os X doesn`t support multi core CPU on PCs, and the ati radeon can produce graphic more than 1024x768??? realy I am sick of winblows :censored2: , and it`s time for something new...

please an answer...

best regards!

Neaded staff:

1. Mac OS X 10.4.(1-8) Install DVD (on a DVD+ or -R NO RW!)

2. A PC with a compatible DVD drive (to install OS X)

3. First of all be sure that OSX can run on your computer before attempting anything like a dual boot.

How to:

1. Get a prepatched OSX install image (look at torrent sites for that).

2. Burn the image to an empty dvd recordable (+R or -R NO RW)

Use your favorite burn program for this (Nero, Alcohol 120%, MagicISO, PowerISO e.t.c)

3. Insert the OSX install disk and reboot your computer.

4. Boot the DVD, when the grey Apple stops spinning, select Language for the installation.

5. On the top of the screen, click "Utilities" and then click "Disk Utility".

6. Disk Utility starts. Select your Hard Disk or Partition. Chose "erase" tab and set the Volume Format to "Mac OS extended (journaled)" and erase it.

7. Wait until the process finishes and then close Disk Utility.

8. Follow the installation steps on your screen, select the HD with the partition you made in step 6 and choose "Customize".

In the "Customize" window, select either the Intel or AMD. Choose more packages if they fit in your hardware.

9. After finishing the installation, wait for the computer to reboot, remove the install disk and enjoy your "Intel/AMD-Mac Os X (x86)" installation.

That is "concetrated" guide.

post-100410-1178295199_thumb.jpg

I have

Dell Inspiron 6400

Motherboard Name: Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505

CPU Type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T2300E, 1666 MHz (10 x 167)

Motherboard Chipset: Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM

System Memory: 512 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM) Samsung

BIOS Type: Phoenix

DMI BIOS Version: A14

Video Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (256 MB)

3D Accelerator: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (M54)

Audio Adapter: SigmaTel STAC9200 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

IDE Controller: Intel® 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C4

Storage Controller: SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Disk Drive: SAMSUNG HM080II (80 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II)

Optical Drive: SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard (european, croatian QWERTZ...)

Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device

Modem: Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

USB Controller: Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - USB Universal Host Controller [A-1]

Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology

Broadcom NetXtreme BCM4401-B0 Fast Ethernet Controller PCI

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card Wireless Network Adapter PCI

so the mac osx found all my hardware (I didn`t install os, only have checked hardware recognition), but since I`ve read the post about ati x1400 with 256MB that didn`t work on 1280X800 resolution, I am little :D , that there is no proper solution for this type of graphic card as well as the driver for it... is there any news about this type of problem???

best regards!