Burn/Install problems

Engelkott

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I am having some issues which others seem to be having also. The thing is, i have had OSX 10.4.8 working like a dream since January 3rd 2007 and now i wanted to trash the system to re-install it. Guess what? My OSX86 disc now won't boot.

So.... what's new? No, i mean what is new? Nothing! My system is unchanged, the settings and config are unchanged but the disc is not the same. Originally i burnt the OSX86 image to a Pioneer DVD-RW 1x disc which came with my first recorder (DVR-103) back in 2001. After it all worked well i forgot about it, lent the disc to a friend and never got it back. Such is.......

...... so i burnt the OSX86 image to a DVD+R disc in Toast but never tested it, until now and it does not work. The disc just freezes at the grey screen. I tried a few new burns in Windows using Nero, Alcohol, DVD Decrypter and some other God awful program which name escapes me but all result in the same.

So my question is could most people's install problems actually be disc related instead of computer issue related? Is there a type of disc and program which are better to use with burning OSX86 be it -R, -RW, +R and +RW?

Tomorrow i am going to buy a pack of DVD-RW discs to see if they make a difference as i only have DVD+RW discs, 150 of them! The only -RW disc i had i lent out!

Thanks for any thoughts or feedback!

Engelkott

Guest Ramm

If it gets to the apple screen, chances are it is not the DVD. Did you change the version of OS X you are using?

If it gets to the apple screen, chances are it is not the DVD. Did you change the version of OS X you are using?

I am using the same iso which is MacOSX_10.4.8.JaS.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.iso.

Thanks, i will try those programs.

Back when i burnt the original disc i used i would have burnt it in Nero and every attempt has been at 1x.

Thanks for the reply and here we go again! ;-)