anyone can guide me install osx on itel965 mainboard

note

4 posts in this topic

Anyone can guide me install osx on itel965 mainboard ?

What version ISO ( JAS 10.4.8 ) i need ? sir

Anyone can tell me ?

My System =

Dell optiplex 745 with

CPU : intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz E6600

MB : intel Q965

HD : SATAII 160 + 250 GB

i have attached picture on this topic too.

Thank you very much

Pratchaya

post-105035-1178116074_thumb.png

post-105035-1178116108_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I was able to load my Optiplex 745 with the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso DVD.

I was not able to load it with the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 or 1.2 DVD. No matter what options I chose. Tried 5-6 times.

I had to enable "Legacy" option for the SATA controller and boot from an external DVD drive.

My 250GB drive showed up with only 128GB from the "Legacy" setting I suppose.

As for graphics, I used an Nvidia PCI-E card with Diabolik's Dual v0.2 installer. I tried the on-board but it is an Intel x3000 chipset and from what I have gathered it will not be supported until 10.5

The NIC card I am having issue with, if I use Nisa-IT's patched AppleBCM5751 kext and I edit the device ID's (0x167a) in the Info.plist file it shows up as a network card but shows as "Network Down" and with 00:00:00:00:00:00 for the mac address. It does nothing if I try to change the mac address using 'ifconfig en0 ether 01:01:01:01:01:01'. I also tried to manually hex edit the driver for the new device ID and it did not seem to work either. In fact it hung the machine when it tried to load. I was able to get into single-user mode and delete the file before it loaded so I could get back into the OS.

I edited the AppleAC97 kext for the sound but it does not seem to work correctly.

Any help would be appreciated if anyone else has been successful with the sound or NIC card.

I have a GX620 that I had no issues getting up and running but it seems that system is more common.

flipsoft

• 4 months later...

I used Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i_v2 for my Lenovo 8808. I selected the following options

1.Main system

2.Remove CPU power management...necessary for celeron D's

3. ICH8R

4.Azalia sound - device shows up but doesn't work.

Patched with patch found on this forum

5.IONetworking- didn't work for my Broadcom Nic.

Hope this helps you out.

Hello,

I was able to load my Optiplex 745 with the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso DVD.

I was not able to load it with the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 or 1.2 DVD. No matter what options I chose. Tried 5-6 times.

I had to enable "Legacy" option for the SATA controller and boot from an external DVD drive.

My 250GB drive showed up with only 128GB from the "Legacy" setting I suppose.

As for graphics, I used an Nvidia PCI-E card with Diabolik's Dual v0.2 installer. I tried the on-board but it is an Intel x3000 chipset and from what I have gathered it will not be supported until 10.5

The NIC card I am having issue with, if I use Nisa-IT's patched AppleBCM5751 kext and I edit the device ID's (0x167a) in the Info.plist file it shows up as a network card but shows as "Network Down" and with 00:00:00:00:00:00 for the mac address. It does nothing if I try to change the mac address using 'ifconfig en0 ether 01:01:01:01:01:01'. I also tried to manually hex edit the driver for the new device ID and it did not seem to work either. In fact it hung the machine when it tried to load. I was able to get into single-user mode and delete the file before it loaded so I could get back into the OS.

I edited the AppleAC97 kext for the sound but it does not seem to work correctly.

Any help would be appreciated if anyone else has been successful with the sound or NIC card.

I have a GX620 that I had no issues getting up and running but it seems that system is more common.

flipsoft